The Triggerfish Foundation 10 Second Animation Competition is back!
Win a Wacom One and a 30 minute one-on-one session with Mike Buckland, award winning producer at Africa’s leading animation studio!
Create a 10 second animation (2D,3D etc.) based on the provided audio clip!
The closing date is at midnight 14 November 2021. If you’re between the age of 18 and 35 years and ready to enter, click on the button below.Submit
WHAT TO DO?
Create a 10-second character-driven animated clip based off of an 10 second audio clip provided, showing off your artistic originality and technical animation skills.
You can submit any of the following:
- A 3D animation by using any free online rig
- A 2D animation
- Stop Motion
- Cutout animation
Watch our online training videos, where you can learn some of these principles of animation.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Some of the criteria we will be are looking at is:
- Principles of animation
- The winners will be chosen by our panel of professional animators from Triggerfish Animation Studios.
- The winners will be announced on the website and our Facebook page after Judging is completed near the end of November 2021.
- The intent of this competition is to encourage and incentivise African youth to explore animation as a medium of self-expression. The organisers reserve the right to remove any project they determine to be acting against this spirit.
- Creators must be between the ages of 18 to 35—i.e. maximum 35 years on 3 October 2021.
- Only South African nationals or residents are eligible. Entrants will be required to prove eligibility before winning any prizes.
- Final deadline for submission is midnight on 14 November 2021 South African Standard Time.
*All entries must have been created specifically for this competition–no existing material or clips from existing material will be eligible.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- All rights remain with the creator, but the creator agrees that the Triggerfish Academy has the right to upload clips onto social media and for all other promotional purposes. In all cases the Academy will attempt to credit and tag the creator.
- Group entries will be considered but each group member must be credited, and each group member must comply with the age group limits. Only one prize will be issued per entry, regardless of how many members in the group. The group should nominate a spokesperson.
- Submissions can be created in any animation medium (Stop Frame, 2D Animation, Computer Generated).
- The animation must not contain offensive material. Material will be deemed offensive if it promotes ethnic or racial hatred, violence, racial, sexual, or religious intolerance, contains vulgar or gratuitous nudity or adult material or may be otherwise classified as pornography.
- Applicants can submit a maximum of 5 entries each.
- Films shorter than 9 seconds or exceeding 11 seconds will not be considered.
- Creators must complete the entry form in full to be considered.
- The visual and audio contents of the film should not infringe on copyrighted material.
- The organisers reserve the right to make modifications to the terms and conditions without notification.
- The organisers reserve the right to investigate any applicant’s eligibility under the rules, and to disqualify any applicant found to have submitted false information, or not complied with the rules of entry, even if they are the winning applicant. In this event the prize will go to the closest other contestant, at the discretion of the judges.
- No current employee or immediate family member of Triggerfish Animation Studios, the Triggerfish Foundation, Triggerfish Academy, the Goethe-Institut, GIZ or the Walt Disney Company is eligible to receive prizes.
Triggerfish Academy is made possible through the support of Triggerfish, Goethe-Institut, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the Walt Disney Company.
By ticking this box, I acknowledge that I agree to the Triggerfish Academy’s Terms and Conditions, which I have read, and that the work submitted does not violate the rights of others.