Hey TFA Family, we are back!!!
We are excited to announce another 10 second Animation Competition. We had such success and have seen such talent with our previous competitions that we are running another one. Wait wait wait, there is more! This time around, we are embracing the call for a collective of African stories told by African voices in the industry. And with that said, the competition is now open to all parts of Africa.
The competition is running from the 17th of October 2022 till midnight; on the 27th of November 2022.
What to do ?
Create a 10-second character-driven animated clip of your choosing, showing off your artistic originality and technical animation skills.
You can submit any of the following:
- A 3D animation by using any free online rig
- A 2D animation
- Stop Motion
- Cutout animation
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Principles of animation
What's next ?
The winners will be chosen by our panel of professional animators.
The winners will be announced on the website as well as all our social media platforms after Judging is completed in the beginning of December.
- The intent of this competition is to encourage and incentivise our African youth to explore animation as a medium of self-expression. The organisers reserve the right to remove any project they determine to be acting against this spirit.
- Creators must be between the ages of 18 to 35—i.e. maximum 35 years on the 27th of November 2022.
- African nationals or residents are eligible to enter. Participants will be required to prove eligibility before winning any prizes.
- Final deadline for submission is midnight on the 27th November South African Standard Time.
- All entries must have been created specifically for this competition–no existing material or clips from existing material will be eligible.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- All rights remain with the creator, but the creator agrees that the Triggerfish Academy has the right to upload clips onto social media and for all other promotional purposes. In all cases the Academy will attempt to credit and tag the creator.
- Group entries will be considered but each group member must be credited, and each group member must comply with the age group limits. Only one prize will be issued, regardless of how many members in the group. The group should nominate a spokesperson.
- Submissions can be created in any animation medium (Stop Frame, 2D Animation, Computer Generated).
- The animation must not contain offensive material. Material will be deemed offensive if it promotes ethnic or racial hatred, violence, racial, sexual, or religious intolerance, contains vulgar or gratuitous nudity or adult material or may be otherwise classified as pornography.
- Applicants can submit a maximum of 2 entries each.
- Films shorter than 9 seconds or exceeding 11 seconds will not be considered.
- Creators must complete the entry form in full to be considered.
- The visual and audio contents of the film should not infringe on copyrighted material.
- The organisers reserve the right to make modifications to the terms and conditions without notification.
- The organisers reserve the right to investigate any applicant’s eligibility under the rules, and to disqualify any applicant found to have submitted false information, or not complied with the rules of entry, even if they are the winning applicant. In this event the prize will go to the closest other contestant, at the discretion of the judges.
- No current employee or immediate family member of Triggerfish Animation Studios, the Triggerfish Foundation, Triggerfish Academy, the Goethe-Institut, GIZ or the Walt Disney Company is eligible to receive prizes.
- Triggerfish Academy is made possible through the support of Triggerfish, Goethe-Institut, German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and the Walt Disney Company.
By ticking this box, I acknowledge that I agree to the Triggerfish Academy’s Terms and Conditions, which I have read, and that the work submitted does not violate the rights of others.